Active Directory Phonebook,
Active Directory Staff Directory
AD Phonebook that takes the pain out of maintaing the company phonebook, it’s browser based so can be accessed from most devices. The phone book data is read from Active Directory so your phone book remains up to date, no out of date spreadsheets or print outs, no need to manually maintain a web page.
When you update the details for a user (or contact) in Active Directory the phone book is instantly updated.
As it is based around Active Directory it is easily updated, when employee details are updated in Active Directory they’re updated instantly in the phonebook providing your users with the latest contact information. What is shown is based on your criteria, only users or contacts that you want to appear are listed. You can display attributes such as car parking space, employee number, manager etc.
Installation is easy and you can be up and running in minutes. You can customize the look and what data is shown to your users, you can enable exporting of the phonebook so a paper copy is still available if needed.
- No need to maintain a separate company phonebook.
- Active Directory updates are shown instantly, no more out of date phonebooks.
- Browser based works with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- Be up and running in just a few minutes.
- Display Telephone, Email, Address, Mobile, Fax, employeeNumber and more.
- Display almost any Active Directory attribute.
- Exclude users, groups, OUs that you don’t want to appear.
- Only display attributes you need, custom attributes are also supported.
- Users can update their own contact information when used with AD Self Update.
- In very large domains you can use SQL as a cache returning results instantly.
AD Phonebook main screen showing an expanded entry.
More detailed information is shown when an entry is clicked, you can display values from almost any Active Directory attribute (extensionAttribute1, description, employeeID etc).
Email address and phone numbers can be hyperlinks.
You can use our photo import tool AD Photos to import photos in to Active Directory in bulk (includes watermarking feature as demonstrated below).
Search the phonebook based on the properties you specify.
Allow your users to export the phonebook to PDF, Excel , Word or CSV (or turn this feature off).
Customize AD Phonebook to display the information you want your users to see.
Quick alphabetical search.
AD Phonebook supports multiple domains.
When more than one domain is available you can query all domains (default) or query specific domains. Domain names can be changed to show a friendly name (London, New York, Staff etc).
The phonebook can be fully customized via the Admin page http://server/adphonebook/admin
The image below shows a customized version of the AD PhoneBook, the header and footer have been changed to match the customers intranet pages. As you can see it is easy to use and looks great.
The AD Phonebook installation takes just a few minutes, after the installation has completed you will need to assign a service account that can be used to query Active Directory this is done using the AD Configuration program which you will find under ‘Start\All Programs\Dovestones Software’. If you have more than one domain you will need to specify each domain here.
The following software should be installed before installing the application:
- Windows Server 2003, 2003 R2, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012
- Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0
- SQL Compact 4.0 (installed during setup)
- Application pool set to .Net 2.0
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Download here)